Friday 28 August 2009

PICKLES!!!

Someone needs to find this girl kosher-style dill pickles, and it needs to happen quickly, otherwise she's going to go CRAZY!!

Following my last pickle-related blog, I have tried making my own. I know it's not been the full 8 weeks yet, and they have a hint of a smell that's kind of something like a pickle, but they're not anywhere near correct.

I went to the grocery store and tried to find something similar. The first try were Polish dill pickles. They were whole pickles, not spears (not that it matters). The brand was called Krakus, they were dill pickles in brine. It said garlic in the ingredients. But noooooo, they were not dill pickled. Me= very disappointed.

Next, I went today to another grocery store to try Mrs Elswood pickles (I'd read that these were similar to American Koshers). Again, I was disappointed. They tasted like the small pickles you get in the states on relish trays. Not dills. Me= Sad and still very disappointed.

I would even LOVE some pickle-flavored Pringles, or a big vat of McDonald's pickles!! Anything!

Alas, still nothing. Sad face for now! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment